This is one of my go-to recipes for lunch or when I want to make a quick easy dinner and there’s nothing like the smell of roasted garlic in the house mmm! The kids love it too (always a winner in my books!) and especially with Master 9 who is vegetarian. It is packed full of vitamins, minerals, fibre, and antioxidants.
I used an air-fryer but it is just as easy to roast in the oven.
First, halve 2 punnets worth of cherry tomatoes and crush 2 garlic cloves and add to a lined oven pan or basket. I prefer cherry tomatoes as they are easier to chop up and add a lovely sweetness when roasted. Add 1 tbsp EVOO (I used garlic-infused olive oil for that extra flavour kick but it’s optional). Roast at 180oC (360oF) 20 min in the oven or 10 min in the air fryer.
Meanwhile boil up 300g spaghetti (or whatever pasta you prefer) and drain. You can choose wholemeal pasta to up your fibre intake which makes it a more filling meal. Spiralling vegetables such as zucchini as a replacement for pasta helps keep down the calories if so desired.
Next add 100g baby spinach and let the warmth of the tomato and garlic mixture lightly wilt it. This vegetable is so versatile, has a mild flavour and like all dark green leafy vegetables is brimming with vitamins and minerals.
Almost there! Add the cooked pasta to your tomato mixture and stir well to coat. All in one pan – so easy! Plate up and add a sprig of fresh basil and shaved parmesan cheese to serve.
Spinach and Roasted Tomato Spaghetti
A quick, easy and light meal idea for lunch or dinner
- 500g (or 2 punnets) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g fresh baby spinach
- 300g dried spaghetti
- Shaved parmesan cheese and fresh basil to serve
- Preheat oven to 180oC (360oF)
- Heat a large pot of water until at a rolling boil. Add spaghetti and cook as per packet instructions and drain.
- Line an oven tray/air fryer basket with baking paper and place the tomatoes and garlic inside, baking for 20 min in an oven (10 min in an air fryer).
- Add baby spinach, stir and leave for a minute or two to wilt a little
- Add cooked spaghetti and stir well through the tomato mixture.
- Serve with shaved parmesan cheese and a sprig of fresh basil. Enjoy!