Oat & Goji Berry Bliss Balls
Great for a snack in lunch boxes or on the go. These bite size balls of deliciousness are not just full of flavour, but are also dairy-free, nut-free, high in protein, fibre and antioxidants, have no added sugar (if you use sultanas), and are sooo easy to prepare! They taste like chocolate-coated ANZAC biscuits – yum!!!
- 1 cup dates, pitted (see note if dried)
- ¾ cup dessicated coconut
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup raw cacao
- 2 tbsp sultanas / 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sultanas or 1 tbsp honey (or to taste)
- ½ cup dessicated coconut for coating (optional)
- Put all but the ½ cup dessicated coconut for coating into the thermo cooker/food processor bowl.
- If using your thermo cooker, blend at sp 8 for 30 sec or if using a food processor blitz until the bliss ball mix looks moist and clings together (if not processed enough it looks quite dry)
- Use a spoon to grab a small amount and roll to make the bliss ball shape
- Optional – coat the balls in coconut. You can also use sesame seeds to coat or even leave them as they are – they still taste amazing!
- Store the bliss balls in an airtight container in a cool place (soft and chewy texture) or fridge (for a firmer texture). You can also freeze up a big batch.
Note: if using dried dates, soak in water first until soft