Only 2 ingredients??!! Well technically more but you only need to buy two ingredients (cake mix & tinned fruit) to make these light, fluffy and melt-in-the-mouth cupcakes! Soooo easy and amazing.
Note: the cupcake mix (Coles Simply Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcake Mix 500g) I used with pears in syrup are RPAH / failsafe elimination diet friendly. If you use other fruit, or pears in juice, it will not be. Also, check your cake mix for ingredients to see if this appropriate for your elimination diet/allergies if appropriate. The cupcakes I made were also Top 8 free except for soy (an ingredient in the cake mix – you may be able to find one without soy). There was a recall of this mix in March 2016 of those with an expiry of 12/2/18 however I made this recipe from a mix not included in this recall.
Then pour the mixture into patty pans supported in a muffin tray and bake for 20-25 mins at 180oC or until the top of the cupcakes spring back when touched. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Finish cooling the cupcakes on a cooling rack and then ice/decorate as desired.
Tip: if you are following the RPAH / failsafe elimination diet, make sure your icing/topping is allowed. I topped my cupcakes with a small slice of tinned pear (that I saved before the rest went in to the blender) and icing sugar.
2 Ingredient Cupcakes
The easiest recipe ever to light, fluffy and delicious cupcakes!
- 1 packet of cake/cupcake mix
- 420g tin fruit, undrained
- Icing/decorations (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Blend the undrained fruit and cake/cupcake mix until smooth.
- Pour the cake mixture into patty pans in a 12-muffin tin. Optional – place a small piece of fruit on top of each cupcake.
- Baket at 180oC for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and the cupcakes spring back with light touch.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Ice/decorate once cool.